How to join:
All BMA 2017 attendees automatically became BMAS members (no fee for 2017).
Non-attendees can join for annual fees (25 euros for 2018).
Renew : Membership will be renewed upon registration to BMA 2018 for the same fee (25 euros).
Members will benefit from a reduced registration fee for the annual meetings.
Members meet annually at the General Assembly (GA) which is composed of all active members of the society. The regular GA is organized during the scientific BMA meeting. An exceptional GA may be decided upon by the president of the executive board, or on written request of at least 30 members, or a third of the members. The agenda must be sent to the members by email at least 15 days prior to the GA. Presence at the GA is required for voting (procurements/electronic vote may be approved by the GA at a later date, upon consolidation of the society)
Missions of the GA:
To elect the EB (members of the EB cannot be simultaneously be members of the SB)
To approve the minutes of the previous GA
To validate the actions of the EB
To approve the financial accounts
To decide the location of the future BMA meetings
5 reasons to become a member :
- You get a reduced rate to register for BMA meetings
- You can participate in Working Groups
- You can participate in the teaching sessions
- You increase the visibility of this scientific field
- You can benefit from interactions in, and outside your field (grants applications, interlaboratory exchanges)